Julian Leong is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon and the Surgical Tutor at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, his practice involves all aspects of spinal problems with children and adults.
Julian Leong is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at UCL, and his research interest is in Surgical Technology and Surgical Skills Training and Assessment. He completed his PhD thesis in 'Hand-eye coordination in Surgery' at Imperial College London. (Supervisors: Prof Ara Darzi, Prof Guang-Zhong Yang, and Prof Roger Emery)
He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Oxford University
- Royal Free and University College Medical School
- Imperial College London (PhD)
- Hammersmith Basic Surgical Training rotation
- UCH/Middlesex Rotation
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Norman Capener Fellowship)
- Hokkaido University (Sapporo, Japan)